Available Details on Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojna List 2020. Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojna (PMJDY) is an Indian government financial inclusion program that is open to Indian citizens (children or ten years and others can also open an account with trustees to manage it). This financial inclusion campaign was launched on August 28, 2014, by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Under the leadership of the Ministry of Finance, more than 15 million accounts were opened on the inauguration day. Under this flagship scheme till May 27, more than 38 crore accounts have been opened, and approximately Rs 131,000 crore has been deposited in these accounts.
Here, in this article, we have discussed the purpose and benefits of the PMJDY list 2020. Apart from that, this article provides all the information regarding the process of application and necessary documents that are required to be eligible for this scheme.
Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojna List 2020
- 1 Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojna List 2020
- 2 Purpose of PMJDY List 2020
- 3 Benefits of PMJDY scheme
- 4 Documents required To Apply For Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana
- 5 How to apply For PMJDY Scheme
- 6 FAQ’s on Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana
- 7 If do not have KYC documents, then whether I am eligible for the PMJDY account?
- 8 What documents are needed to open an account?
- 9 How long will the recipient receive benefits?
- 10 How can I get some of the Prime Minister Jan Dhan Yojana scheme?
- 11 What benefits will be availed by women beneficiaries under Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana?
- 12 Conclusion
After the COVID-19 pandemic throughout the country, the central government offered benefits to PMJDY 2020 account holders under the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana Relief package. Under the PMJDY 2020 new list, the Narendra Modi government has transferred Rs 500 in the Jan Dhan account of 20.5 crore women, and the same will be credited for the next two months.
These Jan Dhan account holder women can withdraw money while maintaining the social distance at the bank.
The center deposited the first installment of 500 rupees has been credited in Jan Dhan’s account of poor women as part of an aid package due to the lockdown regarding coronavirus outbreak, the Ministry of Rural Development said that the ministry would release the amount. By the end of April, more than 20.39 crore had been credited to Jan Dhan’s account.
Purpose of PMJDY List 2020
PMJDY 2020 has been designed to expand Affordable Access Financial services such as bank accounts, transfer money, loans, insurance, and pensions.
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman announced Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana (PMGKY) recalling the ongoing 21-day lockdown across the country due to the coronavirus epidemic, she said on March 26 that ex-gratia payments of Rs 500 to poor women would be credited in their Jan Dhan Account for three months going forward starting April.
Benefits of PMJDY scheme
This scheme offers the following benefits:
- Open a savings bank account for someone without a bank account.
- Account-holders under this system receive interest on the amount deposited by them, similar to other accounts.
- The Jan Dhan account can be opened with a zero balance. Therefore, there is no need to have a minimum balance in the statement.
- All account holders will be given RuPay debit cards.
- Account-holders can easily send money across India.
- This account gives beneficiaries access to pensions, insurance, or subsidy allowances.
- In addition to debit cards, account holders of Jan Dhan also receive an accidental guarantee of 1 lakh rupees.
- For accounts opened after August 28, 2018, insurance coverage is increased from 1 lakh to 2 lakhs.
- Account-holders who meet the requirements that open their accounts for the first time between August 15, 2014, and January 31, 2015, will receive life insurance protection of Rs 30000.
- PMJDY also offers the option of overdrawing up to Rs 10000 for all household account holders (Lady preferred).
Documents required To Apply For Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana
If an Aadhaar card / Aadhaar number is available, there is no requirement of additional documents. If the address has changed, only a self-certified report is enough.
If You don’t have an Aadhaar card, any of the following legal documents are required: Voter ID, Driving License, Passport, PAN Card, and NREGA card. If these documents also contain your address, they can serve as proof of identity and address.If anyone does not have one of the valid official documents mentioned above but is classified by the bank as low risk, they can open a bank account by presenting one of the following documents:
1-Identity Card with applicant’s photo, issued by the central / state authority, Statutory/ Regulatory Authority, a public sector company, Schedule Commercial Bank and federal financial institution.
2-A letter from a gazetted officer with an attested photo of people who have been authenticated.
With the above documents, applicants must carry at least three passport-sized photos at the time of the application.
How to apply For PMJDY Scheme
The application for opening an account in Jan Dan is straightforward. Interested people can open Jan Dhan’s account at any bank or business correspondence. This application is free, and accounts can be opened with a zero balance. All applicants must receive the application form and go to the nearest bank after completing it.
Application forms are available in Hindi and English on the official websites. You can review the entire process of opening an account at Jan Dan with the following simple steps:
- To download the application, visit the official PMJDY portal, e.g., H. https://pmjdy.gov.in/.
- Now click the “Account opening form” link on the start page according to your language settings.
- The application form opened.
- Download the form and print it.
- Fill in all details of the application form carefully.
- Bring the complete application and official legal documents to the bank.
- Send an application form to the bank. Follow all bank instructions and complete the application formalities.
- After processing the request, your account of Jan Dhan will be opened.
FAQ’s on Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana
If do not have KYC documents, then whether I am eligible for the PMJDY account?
Yes, in that case, small accounts can be opened with limited facilities.
What documents are needed to open an account?
To open a PMJDY account, you must submit the required KYC documents: Aadhaar card, Passport, PAN card, voter card, Driving License, and photo.
How long will the recipient receive benefits?
Eligible applicants have been receiving support from Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana for three months.
How can I get some of the Prime Minister Jan Dhan Yojana scheme?
Applicants accept the amount in a bank account and can withdraw it at an ATM.
What benefits will be availed by women beneficiaries under Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana?
In Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana, female beneficiaries will receive Rs. 500 /-.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi had declared the prolonged lockdown. Everyone needs to distance themselves socially to stop this infection of the coronavirus. Because of the lockdown, everyone is unemployed and doesn’t have enough money to survive. Under the PMJDY 2020 list the Government has decided to give Rs. 500 / – to each woman in her Jan Dhan account. All women can get benefits that have Mahila Jan Dhan Khata. The recipient can withdraw this money at the ATM because the bank was closed due to the lockdown.